Functions and Parties 2017
Download this information in a pdf file for convenient reference and printing here
(To read a pdf file you need to have Adobe® ReaderTM installed on your computer.)
Functions and parties cover everything from corporate business gatherings to family wedding anniversaries. Book launches, school proms, birthdays, graduation ceremonies are all included. In fact, any occasion when a group of people gather together for a special purpose is possible to capture in print and comes under my ‘Functions’ service. There is an option for me to put the pictures on view at the event and make them available for immediate purchase as prints. Proofs are then put on the internet and, if required, in print or on a CD. Proofs are normally on the internet within 2 days of the event and on print or CD in just a few days.
Function photography service
- Discussion before the event to understand your requirements precisely.
- Attendance at the function or the party.
- Studio lights and a backdrop can be set up in a designated area for everyone to have a special, more formal portrait, individually or in groups.
- Pictures can be displayed, printed and sold at the event.
- Candid and requested pictures can be taken throughout the function.
- There is no limit to the number of pictures taken.
- Manual processing of each picture to ensure the best possible brightness, contrast, colour and sharpness.
- Preparation and provision of a set of proofs in print or on a CD if this is required.
- Posting of proofs onto my internet site in the functions section allowing those present to view them and order copies.
- Print prices at the event are often different from the prices quoted here for purchase after the event.
Prices from £ 265.00 for a 4 hour session. Shorter sessions will be considered (Deposit £ 65.00).
Why choose this service?
- 30 years experience of professional photography.
- Having seen the samples you know you are getting me, the photographer who took them.
- My time is committed. Significant hours are put into your pictures even after the event.
- Detailed attention to every photograph.
- A personal service tailored to your needs and discussed directly with you.
- No limit to the number of photographs taken.
- An efficient and friendly manner when speaking to and organising the subjects.
- High quality pictures and materials.
- A wide range of picture sizes, albums and other image processing services.
- I like what I do and want it to be the very best.
- Any number of prints can be ordered from the proofs provided. Prices for these are detailed below.
- Clearly different functions will have their differing requirements. The prices shown here are based on a simple guideline that there are three sessions to a day – morning, afternoon and evening. I will consider assignments shorter than a session. Each session is charged at a reducing rate. After discussing your requirements in detail I can work out a firm quote for you.
- Prices may be affected by factors such as distance to be travelled and extra time required.
- Electricity is required where studio lighting is to be used.
One session (morning or afternoon or evening): £ 265
Two continuous sessions (morning & afternoon or afternoon & evening): £ 485
Three continuous sessions (all day into the evening): £ 635
Reprint and enlargement prices
|6" x 4"
|7" x 5"
|8" x 6"
|10" x 8"
|12" x 8"
|30" x 20"
Canvas Prints - hand-stretched on a 2" x 2" pine frame (virtually any size is available)
Two sample prices for canvases are
|16" x 12"
|23½" x 16"
- The sizes above represent only a small selection of those on offer.
- For each separate order or delivery address there is a charge of £ 3.75 to cover postage and packing or distribution costs. Many people’s orders put together and sent or delivered to one person will count as one order. The first order placed by the person/organisation making the booking carries no charge.
- Mounted prints come in a black card folder.
- Prints can be on glossy or matt finish.
||£ 12.65 each
||£ 5.05 each
||£ 10.55 each
||£ 4.20 each
||£ 9.48 each
||£ 3.80 each
||£ 8.45 each
||£ 3.40 each
High resolution files come in JPG format and are suitable for making prints up to poster sizes. Low resolution files are also in JPG format but are much smaller. They are suitable for viewing on computer screens, digital photo frames and putting on websites like facebook. They will not make good prints of any size at all.
- High resolution images (if more than 2) come on a CD for which there is a charge of £3.75 to cover postage and packing (only one P&P charge applies if you are buying other items at the same time).
- Low resolution versions and up to two high resolution versions can be emailed incurring no P&P charge.
- Cash, cheques, bank transfers and credit/debit cards (through this website) are accepted as forms of payment.
- Cheques should be made payable to "JG Photographer".
- A deposit is required to make a firm booking.
- The balance of the agreed price is required at or before the function unless it is agreed that an invoice be raised for later payment.
- All orders must be paid for either before or upon receipt of the items.
- Orders requiring posting are subject to postage & packing charges.
Factors affecting price
- Date. Certain days, especially bank holidays, may carry a premium charge.
- Distance. If the location for the pictures is outside the Medway and Maidstone areas extra mileage will be considered.
- Proof provision. Proofs will be put on the internet and either one set of proof prints or one proof CD will be provided within the cost. A small charge will be made if more sets of proofs are required.
- Individual and family portraits.
- Recreational interests and hobbies.
- School, club, team and organisation photographs (individual and/or group).
- Commercial (business and industrial) photography.
About the photographer
- I am married and have four grown up children. Photography began as a hobby in my early teens and I have had many professional assignments, particularly at weddings, since 1982. Apart from weddings, I am the Photographer for many schools around Medway. Clients for numerous assignments include the BBC, Classic fm, Channel 4, Faber Music and Hillreed Homes.
- I use a Canon EOS 5D MkII. This is a digital SLR camera with an image sensor chip of 21 million pixels capable of producing sharp images up to the very largest sizes.
- A Canon EOS 7D (a digital SLR camera with 18 million pixels) is used as a back-up.
- A fixed 50mm f1.4 lens and 4 zoom lenses (all Canon) covering focal lengths from 17mm to 400mm enable a wide range of shots from close up to wide angle.
- A Canon Speedlite 580EX flash unit is used outdoors for softening shadows, filling in light and providing attractive catch-lights in the subject’s eyes.
- For indoor portraiture I use Bowens studio lights (three Gemini Esprit 750 flash heads) and a series of reflectors, diffusers and brollies.
- Images are processed and enhanced on a high spec PC using Corel Paint Shop Pro X2 software. This highly acclaimed software matches Adobe PhotoShop which, until recently, was the industry benchmark.
- The digital images are transferred electronically to a professional laboratory in North London where they are printed on Fuji photographic paper with a fade resistance rating of 150 years.
- Copies of all the images (original, digitally enhanced and the proofs) are stored on two separate hard drives (one internal and one external) and written to CD to minimise any risk of losing them.
- The photography services are only considered to be booked on payment of the deposit. Deposits are not returnable.
- The balance of the payment (the agreed price less the deposit paid) will be due on or before the assignment unless otherwise agreed.
- All rights for reproduction of photographs remain entirely with the photographer. The images will always be legally owned by the photographer. Anyone may purchase and own prints from the photographer but these may not be scanned, photographed or copied in any way.
- CD images may be used for personal usage but may not be given, sold or used for profit in any way without seeking copyright permission from the Photographer.
- The photographer may use any images he has taken for his own promotional use.
- The photographer may place any images on his internet web site for the purpose of making them available for viewing by family and friends and enabling them to place orders.
- In the very unlikely event of the pictures being lost, destroyed or otherwise incapable of being provided there will be a full refund of any monies paid. The customer agrees to this being the full extent of any claim against the photographer.
- Reprint and enlargement prices quoted at the time of booking will be honoured for any orders placed up to 1 year after the session. After that the prices current at that time will apply.